I appreciate everything everyone has done to work through all the difficulties related to COVID 19. This has been a year like no other. I feel bad for the lost interaction that we have experienced.
Some news I would like to share with everyone:
- The last big assignments that any teacher will be giving to students will be Monday June 8.
- Teachers may give some smaller assignments and lessons up until Wednesday June 10.
- We are hoping assignments are all turned in by Friday June 12.
- We will be available to help students finish things up and will accept late assignments until Friday June 19.
Important information for current grade nine students:
- Information on how to register for Cardston High School was sent out a few weeks ago. If you have not completed your registration, please do so soon. If you need help, feel free to contact me.
- Graduation for Grade 9:
- We are having a simplified grade nine graduation ceremony. As guidelines change our plans may change accordingly. I am open to suggestions but right now it will consist of the following:
- Thursday June 18 at 6:00 pm
- From 6:00 to 6:15 pm, students will spread out in front of the school and let family and friends drive by to wave and honk their horns.
- 6:15 pm the grads will go to the back of the school. Chairs will be spread out to enable social distancing, and we will have a simple ceremony. According to current guidelines, this gathering must be limited to under 50 people. This means that each grad may only have two guests attend. During this ceremony we will have tributes to grads, awards and some small gifts.
- We could not go on our scheduled grade 9 trip. This simply will not happen for this class. I want to say I feel really bad about this and wished we could have had one.
I hope everyone has a great summer.