A lot has changed in the education world in the last 24 hours. This is an unprecedented situation and there also may be more coming. I will update information as soon as possible.
What has not changed is the fact that Spring Glen Junior High cares about the students that attend the school and is responsible for the delivery of an education system. What that delivery looks like has not been established yet, but soon will be. We will be expecting teachers to deliver the content of the curriculum, and students will be expected to do the work related to learning. More information will be sent out as soon as possible.
At this point in time, I can say the following:
- All regular in school classes and school sponsored activities are cancelled.
- Students will be given lesson content and expected to continue their studies under the guidance of their teacher.
Please be patient with us as we work through this process. We need to make sure we are aligned with Alberta Education’s directions and the directions currently are not published.
If they are not exhibiting health issues, students should come to the school either Tuesday or Wednesday to ensure the following:
- All school uniforms are returned
- All personal belongings from either lockers or classrooms are removed from the school
- Library books returned (you may be able to check out new ones with librarian permission)
- Inform the school as to your home internet and technology capabilities.
I will send further updates as soon as possible.